Script: CCR 3
Production skills have been a necessity throughout this project. I needed to learn how to use publisher in order to create my magazine as well as creative formatting to make the magazine look well put together. It took me awhile to get my ideas together on what I wished to portray in my magazine. When you look at my first submission for the project including the front page, table of contents, and two-page spread of Life in Paradise, you can tell that I wasn't the best at formatting and knowing what works best. As I received revisions from my first draft and worked on my revisions to make my project more appealing, I have definitely learned a lot. Especially after seeing what other people have done I have gotten an idea of the level in which my magazine should achieve.
Now, when you look at my latest magazine revisions, you can see that my production skills have improved.
My front cover is cleaner with a new picture that doesn't cause the text to become difficult to read. I have kept the cover simple, which is the usual layout for a travel magazine. This also allows you to focus on the important pieces of the magazine cover.
Also, my table of contents page has more articles included and isn't just a few photos and titles of articles or sections. I have chosen a main picture to be the focal point on the page. This allows the page to be eye-catching and to ensure the reader does not get overwhelmed with the amount of words on the page. Another thing I have added are a few more images relating to the articles along with the page numbers on them.
Finally, my two-page spread has changed with the title formatting, color, images inside the article and the sizes of them as well.
I wouldn't consider myself a professional, but I feel this project has definitely improved my ability to produce something like a magazine. I have learned how to use a new program as well as take better photographs that would be used within a magazine like my own. Overall, when comparing my skills in the beginning of the year to now, they have improved and because of this project I can apply this knowledge to other areas of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Submission
Front Cover Table of Contents 1st Page of Two Page Article 2nd Page of Two Page Article
-
CCR 1 CCR 2 CCR 3 and 4
-
Script: CCR 1 The product I have produced is my magazine Life in Paradise . When you think about conventions of a magazine, you think abo...
-
In order for magazine companies to distribute their products, they turn to many different methods. Most companies will start with a distribu...
No comments:
Post a Comment